The International Mentoring Association (IMA) credentials mentoring consultants and trainers, both individuals and consulting businesses, who are able to demonstrate that they provide high- quality services to organizations and mentoring programs. IMA-certified consultants and trainers must meet rigorous criteria.
Display Your Prowess as a Top-Tier Mentor
- Knowledge of mentoring processes and theory, organizational leadership, and IMA standards for mentoring programs;
- Ability to implement a clear, rational, and comprehensive process to help mentoring programs meet IMA standards for mentoring programs;
- History of positive support and services to mentoring programs, their leaders, and their host organizations, if any;
- Legal business authority and established fiscal processes; and
- Clear business practices.
The Value of Certification
The IMA is the only entity offering credentialing to mentoring consultants and trainers who have demonstrated commitment to the mentoring field, noteworthy services to mentoring programs and program leaders, and knowledge of mentoring best practices and research. Because the IMA’s mentoring consultant certification is a rigorous and comprehensive examination by experts in mentoring and consulting, certification lends a competitive advantage to consultants who achieve it. Certified consultants are listed on the IMA website, so program leaders looking for assistance in building their mentoring programs may contact you. Certification is valid for 5 years.