The International Mentoring Association (IMA) provides accreditation of mentoring programs to recognize programs that meet rigorous mentoring program standards based on years of research and practice in the field of mentoring. All accredited programs are well designed, meet participant developmental and growth needs, and achieve the program’s purposes.
Benefits of Accreditation
Why get Accredited?
- Provides program leadership with an external review of their program design and implementation—in support of their continuous improvement efforts;
- Rewards program management and participants for their commitment to personal and professional growth;
- Improves the credentials of program participants;
- Provides organizations with a competitive edge for attracting new and high-quality candidates and applicants; and
- Helps programs gain or maintain funding by confirming their value.
Additional Benefits of Accreditation
- Use of the IMA accreditation logo in all program documents and marketing materials, both electronic and tangible, such as program resources, brochures, reports, and websites;
- Recognition in IMA materials and website of the program’s accreditation status, with a link to the program’s home page;
- Corporate membership to the IMA, which provides membership, and all the benefits of membership, for multiple members of the program;
- A 15% discount on all IMA materials and publications; and
- A framed certificate of accreditation.