Call For Proposals
The IMA is now accepting proposal submissions for the 2015 IMA Conference, to be held April 22-24, 2015 at the SanTan Elegante Conference Center at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Phoenix-Gilbert, Arizona. The theme of this year’s conference is “Best Practices in Mentoring: Tools & Strategies for Success.” Successful proposals will explicitly connect to this theme and will create an environment of learning for participants. We anticipate a broad range of participants from higher education, K-12/youth, government, non-profit, and corporate sectors, including practitioners, researchers, policymakers, and mentoring program leaders.
What We Are Looking For
The IMA proposals must explicitly connect to the conference theme and demonstrate both subject-matter expertise and a broadening of the field of knowledge related to mentoring. Additionally, the IMA seeks proposals in any of the following categories:
- Implementation of innovative programs that demonstrates implications for programs and practice
- Evaluation and assessment of programs, tools, resources, or strategies that demonstrates implications for programs and practice
- Analysis and interpretation of policy at the programmatic and/or legislative level that demonstrates implications for programs and practice
- Sound academic research that contributes to the body of knowledge and demonstrates implications for programs and practice
Proposals undergo blind review and will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness of the session topic for the conference theme
- Adherence to proposal guidelines as described in this Call for Proposals
- Demonstrated implications that clearly state what new information, tools, strategies, or knowledge that audience members will be able to take back to their programs or organizations
- Overall quality of the proposal
- 45 Minute Presentation: Each presenter/presentation team will have a 50-minute slot to present (30 minutes for presentation, 15 minutes for Q&A, & 5 min for session evaluations) during the concurrent sessions at the conference.
- Presenter Registration Fee: $275. Each presenter must pre-register for the conference and pay the reduced presenter registration fee.
- Presentation PDF: Each presenter/presentation team must submit a PDF of their presentation by Friday, April 10 to be included in the conference proceedings.
- The IMA will provide a laptop and LCD projector in each concurrent session room; no additional AV equipment will be provided by the IMA
Submission Process and Deadlines
- The deadline to submit proposals is January 16, 2015.
- Notification of acceptance will be made by February 2, 2015.