Finding and Making the TIME for Mentoring
THE KEY QUESTIONS for this section
- How frequently should mentoring activities occur?
- What is the best way to provide time for mentoring?
- Will our mentors be full-time or will they have other work duties, too?
- How can we estimate how much time is needed to effectively mentor?
- Is there research about the impact of time available for mentoring and it’s impact on mentors’ effectiveness?
- Should we and how could we measure how much time mentors give to mentoring?
- How long will mentors serve?
- If the mentor is released from some or all work duties to serve as a mentor, how will we facilitate a mentor’s eventual return to work full-time?